Bacopa, also known as Bacopa monnieri or Brahmi, is considered in traditional Ayurvedic medicine to possess adaptogenic, tranquilizing, and antioxidant properties. Bacopa contains a number of triterpene glycosides including Bacosides, Bacopasides, Bacopasaponins, Luteolin, Apigenin, and Bacosine, which are the active ingredients in Bacopa thought to support learning, cognition, and memory by enhancing the efficiency of nerve impulse transmission. Bacopa’s antioxidant properties may also offer some protection to brain cells from the damaging effects of free radicals.
BacoMind® - The Proven Bacopa Extract
BacoMind® is a patented, clinically-proven, enriched standardized extract of the Bacopa monnieri plant, which is well known in Ayurveda as a "brain tonic." BacoMind® is standardized to 9 different bioactive compounds identified by High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography including Bacoside A, Bacopaside I, Bacopaside II, Bacopasaponin C, Jugubogenin isomer of Bacopasaponin C, Bacosine, Apigenin, Luteolin, and Beta-sitosterol-D-glucoside. This patented extract has been shown in pre-clinical and clinical studies to be beneficial for memory, learning, attention, and overall cognitive health.
Health Benefits of Bacopa
- Supports healthy cognitive function*
- Supports attention, learning, focus, and memory*
- Promotes calmness, relaxation, and focus*
- Supports positive mood and emotional well-being*
- Protects the brain from oxidative damage*
The Bacopa GOLD™ Advantage
- Features BacoMind® Bacopa Extract - patented, clinically-proven extract of Bacopa stem and leaves
- Standardized to 9 unique phytocompounds clinically-proven to support cognitive health
- Safety and effectiveness supported by clinical and preclinical studies
- Synergistic formulation of BacoMind® standardized to 9 unique phytochemical compounds and USP grade Bacopa extract standardized to 20% Bacosides
- Manufactured without the use of GMOs, fillers, binders, artificial ingredients, preservatives, Stearates, Laurates, Sulfates, or Dioxides
- Verified free of allergens by an independent, third-party lab
- Verified free of GMOs by Non-GMO Project™ Product Verification Program
- 500 mg per vegetarian capsule / 90 capsules per bottle
- Manufactured to stringent cGMP standards in the USA
- Bacopa GOLD™ Key Health Benefits: Supports cognitive (attention, learning, focus, memory) and emotional (calmness, relaxation) health.*
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bacopa?
Bacopa monniera is considered in traditional Ayurvedic medicine to possess adaptogenic, tranquilizing, and antioxidant properties. Bacopa is a classic brain and nervine tonic, included in the "Brahmi" category of Ayurvedic herbs and helps support mental acuity and the physiological process involved in relaxation.
What are the active ingredients in Bacopa GOLD™?
Bacopa GOLD™ contains Bacosides, the active ingredient thought to support learning, cognition, and memory by enhancing the efficiency of nerve impulse transmission. Bacopa’s antioxidant properties may also offer some protection to brain cells from the damaging effects of free radicals.
Does Bacopa GOLD™ contain anything other than the active ingredient?
In addition to the active ingredient, each vegetarian capsule of the Bacopa GOLD™ product contains some non-GMO, gluten-free natural rice concentrate. Because natural extracts can vary from batch to batch in terms of consistency, moisture (or stickiness) and particle size, it is sometimes necessary to add rice flour during the manufacturing process to help ensure product integrity without compromising product safety or effectiveness.
Is Bacopa GOLD™ free of allergens and GMOs?
Bacopa GOLD™ is verified free of eggs, gluten, milk, peanuts, shellfish and soy by an independent, third-party lab. It is also verified free of GMOs by the Non-GMO Project™.
Is Bacopa GOLD™ suitable for Vegans / Vegetarians?
Bacopa GOLD™ does NOT contain any animal-derived ingredients and is suitable for both vegans and vegetarians.
How long do I have to take Bacopa GOLD™ before I notice any benefits?
Unlike OTC and prescription drugs that provide instant, temporary, symptomatic relief, herbal supplements provide progressive, long-term benefits by strengthening and supporting the body's natural defenses. Most herbal supplements, including Bacopa GOLD™, need to be taken for at least 6 to 8 weeks before the benefits of taking the supplement can be experienced. Please be advised that nutritional supplements work best when they are taken long-term as part of a health maintenance program that includes a sensible diet rich in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, a moderate exercise program, and the necessary lifestyle changes to support wellness.
Is Bacopa GOLD™ safe for long-term use?
Bacopa GOLD™ should be safe for both short-term and long-term use when used as directed and under the guidance of an experienced herbalist or any other licensed healthcare provider.
Is Bacopa GOLD™ suitable for individuals with a medical condition?
Individuals with a known or suspected medical condition should always talk to a licensed medical professional before beginning any form of supplementation. It is never advisable to self-diagnose or self-treat a medical condition.
What are the side effects and/or contraindications, if any, associated with Bacopa GOLD™?
Please consult your healthcare provider before taking Bacopa GOLD™ if you are currently on or planning to take any anti-anxiety, anti-epileptic, tranquilizers, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, narcotics, and/or other prescription medications and/or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Is Bacopa GOLD™ addictive?
Bacopa GOLD™ is non habit-forming and can be safely taken long-term.